Hey Mighty Girl, here’s my Life List!
Last month, I blogged about a program that we were doing with Maggie Mason of Mighty Girl. As you may recall Intel is helping Maggie cross a few items off her Life List of things she’d like to do before, as she says, ‘die – peacefully, in my sleep, of extreme old age’. I think Maggie is safe from that fate anytime soon and it’s been fun to watch her make progress on whittling that list down. So far, with our help, she has redesigned MightyGirl.com, taken tap-dancing lessons, and swam with bio-luminescent plankton in Puerto Rico. Soon, I am going to be taking a quick trip to San Francisco to teach her how to roll in a kayak – which I am very much looking forward to. My kayaking buddies might be cringing right now because there are times on the river where my roll is not the greatest. Don’t worry Maggie – I have a bomber roll in the pool!
Maggie’s list has inspired an exercise where many of my co-workers, our agency, and our friends at Federated Media have taken on the task of writing down their ‘mini’ life lists. We had an amazing response when we polled the list above and we thought it would be fun to share those lists with our friends and families. I’m not shy, so I’ll be the first to roll mine out for all the world to see….. here goes nothin’!
- Successful and loving marriage with my wonderful wife
- Have and raise @ least one healthy child and be blessed to watch them grow up and have a family of their own
- Ride 3 of the hardest mountain stages of the Tour de France – Mont Ventoux, Alpe d’Huez, and Luz Ardiden
- Complete an Ironman triathlon (why just run a marathon when you can suffer through 3 disciplines?)
- Renovate one final house – maybe our ‘life house’ with my wife
- Fly Fish in Montana
- Finally learn to play the guitar, and play it well
- Write a book about something I am passionate about
- Take my father to Poland before he can’t make the trip
- Go to at least one Summer Olympics